Friday, June 26, 2009

Expectations

Closed the third trade correctly, with a small loss but I risked 13 pips on the next one. The expectation that the hourly breakout is imminent, can be fatal. I was lucky and got my breakout finally but i could be not.

My 'method" doesn't really need breakouts to give a gain. On the contrary, there is a potential loss if i chase them : it is more probable that my tight stoploss (which I skipped here) will be reached around breaking points, due to indecision.

1 comment:

Richardo said...

Frankly speaking, I don’t think we should ever trade with too much expectations, as it could be seriously risky, it’s better if we focus on trading without any expectations since that’s what will help us succeed. I always enjoy trading without burden of expectations yet I am able to work it out quite nicely due to OctaFX broker and their features that make trading as easy as it gets and is big reason that I am entirely comfortable and allows me to work nicely.