Friday, March 21, 2008

The best of two worlds

Not a boring day yesterday : 300 pips down, then more than 100 up. I made 70 (35 x 2 lots) out of this in 4-5 hours of trading and 22 trades (11x2). As I noted today these trades on the charts on the left, I was really surprised when I saw how early I close winning trades. All signs were there to confirm a strong movement : slope of the rainbow, separation of WMAs etc. My fear to see a (barely) positive trade to turn to negative forces me to stop the winners. I cannot let the profits run yet.

I could let at least one lot to follow the trend with stoploss at break even. This is the way to keep the best of two worlds : very fast movements and small gains (scalping) and larger and bigger ones (intraday trading).

1 comment:

Joshi said...

In my view not a single day is boring in Forex, if we are trading with our own investment then every moment is exciting and the same time the reason for been nervous, I trade with OctaFX broker and using their service makes everything really exciting especially with their rebate service, it helps me earn 15 USD per lot size and I can be really aggressive because even if I fail I get good cash back to cover up my losses.