Saturday, September 6, 2008

Weekly Stats : Week 37 (1-5/9)

My best week so far, performance was mostly aided by the strong bias in the last days (euro collapse). 90 trades in total, (45 x 2 lots), 60 winners, 6 losers, 24 nulls (-2 to +2 pips), giving a W/L ratio of 10,0. Most important, average loss was contained at the av. win level. Too many trades and commissions paid. +42,35% weekly performance, around 52% before commissions. Hope to have such a week again soon...


These are the last stats I publish in this blog. The reason I insisted till today to publish stats is not because I am involved in a kind of competition or effort to show my skills. The stats were there to keep record of the every day struggle with risk managment, the most difficult to achieve in trading. In all these 37 weeks and 10 months stats, I tried to explain in the simplest manner how I manage to be profitable by controlling the risk exposure. I hope I helped at least one of you. From now on, I will keep my performance a private affair.

I will continue to publish my best and my worst trades, write on some cds and other things i like and (soon) my efforts on game theory applied on trading. Thank you all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Constantino for the hard work and kindness to help fellow traders! I personnaly was helped from your conception of risk managment applied to trading forex. Thanks again and waiting for new posts! See you in Athens!

Gideon, Tel Aviv.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, dude ! Good work. Maybe you can post your weekly stats from time to time.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the previous anonymous ;plese post stats from time to time. Thank you for the time spent for us.

David

Anonymous said...

The way you trade is the only way I can make money trading Forex now. But honestly I have to say I am not feel confortable with this method. So I am still searching for a method that I can take more pips 20+ on one trade. But I do not want to go beyond 1 minute charts.Below I enclose a link to Oanda forum that you may find helpfull.
Congratulations and wish you sucesses in the future
Keri60

http://www2.oanda.com/cgi-bin/msgboard/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=001149#000000

The forexbird said...

Thank you all for the kind words.

Thank you Ker for the link. I am also working now on staying longer in a trade and have more pips. My method till today consisted of getting out as soon as i am in profit. That's why i have such a high W/L ratio. But is a pity to lose the huge movements, like the ones of the last days.

Sodhi said...

It’s awesome to see the type of accuracy on display by you, but at the same time one thing is extremely vital to note and that’s accepting the losses, as I have seen so many traders who never want to accept losses and that’s one reason why they often come up short. I always accept losing because it helps me to work better and due to OctaFX broker, I am able to do it all well using their epic rebate scheme where I get 50% back on all trades.