Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Addiction

Complete madness today. I traded furiously and could not stop trading, all day long. This compulsive behavior came after two largely profitable days which provoked a big excitement... 139 trades in 8 hours today!! 55 winners, 49 losers, 35 nulls (-2 to +2 pips). Every trade costs me 0,6 pips in commissions, so the 139 trades costed 84 pips. I won 44 pips from these trades and that means that in reality i lost 40 pips. -5,2% on account. A furious effort to lose money ..by winning a little and keep trading!..

"It takes all the running you can do, just to keep in the same place!" Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland.
.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I think we always need to be careful, it is obviously good to make pips or continue with profit making, but at the same time we need to be making sure that we don’t risk too much for that. I always keep myself in safe zone with OctaFX broker’s rebate program where I am able to get 15 dollars profits per lot size trade and this includes the losing trades too, so that’s why this is absolutely perfect and helps me trade so much better.