Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday madness

The carry trade unwinding happened in a very harsh way today. I wonder how many of you catched the eur/jpy collapse. I was out for business most of the day, i got some pips early in the morning and in the afternoon. Anyway, I don't feel comfortable with these huge movements because when I see them, I am litterally driven by the impulsion to catch the train, not reasoning anymore, and this can be fatal with this pair where the retracements are also huge. You can easily get -80p in the face, waiting for the big trend to resume.

1 comment:

Maheen said...

I feel Friday can be extremely good for scalping, but at the same time there is a lot of risk that is present, but honestly that is present in any day, so I don’t see any logic I avoiding Friday or Monday or any day. I love doing scalping especially on Friday’s and thanks to OctaFX broker with their tiny spread of 0.2 pips, it’s very useful and that allows me to be successful really easily given that I can close the trade quickly with making few pips regularly.